4 servings - 312 calories per
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ C prepared basil pesto
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, or more if needed
Ready In 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking dish or a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto per chicken breast over the top of each breast.
- Then wrap each piece in prosciutto slices to cover the entire breast. Place the wrapped chicken
breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, the juices run clear, and the prosciutto is lightly crisped, about 25 minutes.
This can be "assembled" ahead of time, and then popped into the oven to cook at the last minute, which also makes it an excellent choice for entertaining.
This one always elicits some "Ooooo's" and "Ahhhh's" from onlookers as Mr. C pulls them off the grill. Crispy on the outside, lots of flavor and still moist on the inside.
Serve it with pasta or rice or whatever you wish; then slice the cold leftovers over a bed of salad the next day, and it's a two-fer.
I should have taken a couple of shots when it came out of the oven, but........they all dived in before I had the chance.
I guess that's the best endorsement of all.
And the last tip is this: All three ingredients can be found at your local Costco ~ gotta' love that!